Monday 24 November 2014

Correction of Sentences for B.A. Students

QUESTION NO. 16
(a) Correct the following sentences. (Noun)
(i) I need a ten rupees note. 
 I need a ten rupee note.
(ii) He ran three hundred meters race. 
 He ran three hundred meter race.
(iii) He has ten heads of cattle. 
 He has ten head of cattle.
(iv) He has given up his study. 
 He has given up his studies.
(v) I took pain in my work. 
 I took pains in my work.                                  Click Here to Watch the Video
(vi) He gave order to release him.
 He gave orders to release him.
(vii) He gave me many advices. 
 He gave me many pieces of advice.
(viii) I have many works to do. 
 I have many pieces of work to do.
(ix) The chair's leg is broken. 
 The leg of chair is broken.
(x) What is this book's price?
 What is the price of this book?
(b) Correct the following sentences. (Pronoun)
(i) Let Sabiha and I go there.
Let Sabiha and me go there.
(ii) One should take care of his health.
One should take care of one's health.
(iii) Everyone raised their hands.
Everyone raised his hands.
(iv) Saleema is the woman which gave me courage to work.
Saleema is the woman who gave me courage to work.
(v) He is the student who I think deserves praise.
He is the student whom I think deserves praise.
(vi) The boy who was promoted, he was my brother.
The boy who was promoted was my brother.
(vii) He availed of the opportunity.
He availed himself of the opportunity.
(viii) We enjoyed at the concert.
We enjoyed ourselves at the concert.                  Click Here to Watch the Video
(ix) These two boys hate one another.
These two boys hate each other.
(x) Little children love each other.
Little children love one another.
(c) Correct the following sentences. (Verb)
(i) The wages of sin are hell.
The wages of sin is hell.
(ii) Ten miles are a long distance.
Ten miles is a long distance.
(iii) My brother's only help were his friends.
My brother's only help was his friends.
(iv) His friend and benefactor have left the room.
His friend and benefactor has left the room.
(v) They found that the ship is leaking.
They found that the ship was leaking.
(vi) I request you not to cut jokes in the class.
I request you not to make jokes in the class.
(vii) He made three goals in the last match.
He scored three goals in the last match.
(viii) He is reading in the medical college.
He is studying in the medical college.
(ix) He has come yesterday.
He came yesterday.                                             Click Here to Watch the Video
(x) Why he wrote that foolish letter?
Why did he write that foolish letter?
(d) Correct the following sentences. (Article)
(i) He is M.A. while his friend is B.A.
He is an M.A. while his friend is a B.A.
(ii) In Lahore we stayed at hotel.
In Lahore we stayed at a hotel.
(iii) Faisalabad is Manchester of Pakistan.
Faisalabad is the Manchester of Pakistan.
(iv) The gold is more costly than the silver.
Gold is more costly than silver.
(v) Rose is the sweetest of all flowers.
The rose is the sweetest of all flowers.
(vi) The man is selfish by nature.
Man is selfish by nature.
(vii) I have headache.
I have a headache.                                              Click Here to Watch the Video
(viii) I am stronger of the two.
I am the stronger of the two.
(ix) Higher we go, cooler it is.
The higher we go, the cooler it is.
(x) This is a best book.
This is the best book.
  
QUESTION NO. 17
(a) Correct the following sentences. (Adjective)
(i) He is a famous gambler.
He is a notorious gambler.
(ii) We met at the house of a mutual friend to make peace.
We met at the house of a common friend to make peace.
(iii) He is a coward person.
He is a cowardly person.
(iv) We visited many worth-seeing places.
We visited many places worth-seeing.
(v) She is more clever than he.
She is clever than he.
(vi) Lahore is larger than any city in the Punjab.
Lahore is larger than any other city in the Punjab.
(vii) Of the two routes, this is the shortest.
Of the two routes, this is shorter.
(viii) Mumtaz is the most unique teacher.
Mumtaz is a unique teacher.
(ix) He enjoys the most worldwide reputation.
He enjoys worldwide reputation.
(x) It is much hot today.
It is very hot today.                                            Click Here to Watch the Video
(b) Correct the following sentences. (Adverb)
(i) He goes there never.
He never goes there.
(ii) He comes here seldom.
He seldom comes here.
(iii) He faced bravely the enemy.
He bravely faced the enemy.
(iv) Atif sings good.
Atif sings well.
(v) He died two months before.
He died two months ago.
(vi) The strawberry shortcake tastes deliciously.
The strawberry shortcake tastes delicious.
(vii) The rotten eggs smell badly.
The rotten eggs smell bad.
(viii) He is hardly hit by the bank's failure.
He is hard hit by the bank's failure.
(ix) I seldom or ever take medicine.
I never take medicine.
(x) It is much interesting book.
It is very interesting book.
(c) Correct the following sentences. (Preposition)
(i) The lion attacked at him.
The lion attacked him.
(ii) We reached at the platform soon after the train left.
We reached the platform soon after the train left.
(iii) The patient has been operated.
The patient has been operated upon.
(iv) Look this word in the dictionary.
Look up this word in the dictionary.
(v) I shot the bear but missed.
I shot at the bear but missed. 
(vi) I cannot pull on my work.
I cannot pull on with my work.
(vii) It is half past five in my watch.
It is half past five by my watch.
(viii) She is angry on me.
She is angry with me.
(ix) He wrote with red ink.
He wrote in red ink.
(x) I have not seen you since a long time.
I have not seen you for a long time.
(d) Correct the following sentences. (Conjunction) 
(i) If you do not come, then I shall not help you.
If you do not come, I shall not help you.
(ii) If he is poor, then I will help him.
If he is poor, I will help him.
(iii) Although he is old, but he is strong.
Although he is old, yet he is strong.
(iv) Hardly had we set out than the bad weather began.
Hardly had we set out when the bad weather began.
(v) Scarcely had he gone than a policeman knocked at the door.
Scarcely had he gone when a policeman knocked at the door.
(vi) No sooner he left than the storm broke.
No sooner he left when the storm broke.
(vii) Unless you don't work hard, you cannot secure good marks.                                                     Click Here to Watch the Video
Unless you work hard, you cannot secure good marks.
(viii) Neither he comes, nor he writes.
Neither he comes, nor writes.
(ix) He wears like his friend does.
He wears as his friend does.
(x) He cried as if he was mad.
He cried as if he were mad.                                 Click Here to Watch the Video

No comments: